Health Bloom Inc
Vitamin C Powder 227 Grams
Vitamin C Powder
- Vitamin C Powder (as ascorbic acid) 454 g (16 oz)
- Adults: Dissolve 1 (one) level tablespoon (3 g) into a glass of water and drink throughout the day.
Cautions and Warnings:
- Consult a healthcare practitioner/heath care provider/health care professional/doctor/physician prior to use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or if you have any type of kidney disease, liver disease or seizure disorder.
The Ingredients: General Information and Actions:
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble essential nutrient. The body does not produce or store Vitamin C. Therefore Vitamin C must be present or added into your diet.
- Vitamin C is required for collagen synthesis, a building block protein of skin, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels.
- Vitamin C is used to heal wounds and form scar tissue, to repair and maintain cartilage, bones and teeth.
- Vitamin C is critically important in the absorption of iron in the body.
- Vitamin C helps support the function of your immune system. It is one of the many anti-oxidants blocking some of the damages caused by free radicals.
- Together with other anti-oxidants (including Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin E), Vitamin C works to protect the eyes against developing macular degeneration, a leading cause for blindness in people over 55 years old.
- Higher intakes of Vitamin C are associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease including coronary heart disease and stroke.
- Regular use of Vitamin C supplements shortens the duration of the common cold.
- Severe Vitamin C deficiency leads to scurvy disease. Symptoms of scurvy disease include: subcutaneous bleeding, poor wound closure, easily bruising, hair loss, tooth loss, joint pain and swelling.
- Chen GC, Lu DB, Pang Z, Liu QF, Vitamin C Intake, Circulating Vitamin C and Risk Of Stroke: A Meta-Analysis of Perspective Studies, J Am Heart Assoc. 2013 Nov 27;2(6):e000329.
- Jaraschek SP, Guallar E, Appel U, Miller ER 3rd, Effects of Vitamin C Supplementation on Blood Pressure: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials, Am J Clin Nutr 2012 May;95(5):1079-88.
- Ringsdorf WM Jr, Cheraskin E, Vitamin C and Human Wound Healing, Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1982 Mar; 53(3):231-6.
- Bendich A, Langseth L, The Health Effects of Vitamin C Supplementation: A Review. J Am Coll Nutr 1995 Apr;14(2):124-36.